Saturday 9 February 2013

Puppet Ideas

After my tutorial with Sean, I feel quite positive about this project.
 
I am going to focus on the mannerisms of animals that live in and around the city. My first reaction was mice, rats and pigeons.
 
The ideas that followed this was to film typical scenes in Birmingham city and then use a handmade pigeon puppet (or other animal) and animate the puppet over the top of the projection.
 
the other idea was to use my mothers old puppets from the loft that she had as a child and use them in front of the projection - these are of circus theme - puppets are generally used to tell a story / performance.
 
 
 
After the tutorial i have decided that i am going to go with the pigeon puppet. I am going to taxidermy a pigeon and make this into a puppet and activate it around birmingham some how. I also thought about doing Anthropomorphic taxidermy. Which is taxidermy but they are dressed and positioned in human form and poses - like reading for example.
 
Taxidermy is the art of stuffing and preserving animals