Tuesday 9 April 2013

In Birmingham Town Centre

Today I ventured to the town to photograph my rat hybrid in context so to speak. I shot all the photos in RAW format and edited them on Photoshop this evening. I have decided to have a series of 3 photos to run along side my installation. I have photographed them by the Birmingham Canals as this is were the most rats have been seen, it also attracts most of the Birmingham wildlife. I really did get some funny looks and comments from passers by - some were fascinated some were truly horrified. The photographs are along the humorous side with a lonely narrative. From the photographs the hybrid is with other animals like geese, pigeons and doves that are moving in the photos, I have tried to give the sense that the rat just wants to belong and 'be one of them'.
 
 










 
The three I would really like to print are ...