Monday 6 February 2012

My Book

I'm very pleased with my Cook book as it arrived today. I do feel though that there arn't that many pages however for a 4 week project i think the outcome will suffice and demonstrate well. I have been thinking of many ways of displaying with context into consideration.

I have decided to place my cook book onto a cookery book stand on a table (you don't place books on plinths!) with a wooden spoon and some cookery utensils.

I have also decided what i want to do as my meal for the dinner for two installation. I have some sundae glasses and i am going to make some red 'slime' with a layered of eyeballs (polystyrene balls painted) and then with more slime and then something on the top in a shape of cream. I have encountered many problems - i cant use real food as it will go off and mouldy, i cant use real animal organs as they would spell awful (even though that would be great to give the effect!)

Whilst browsing other artists and cannibalism i found this amazing website with different designers that make human body jewellery.

Teeth Rings by Polly van der Glas


Yuyen Chang
Belly Button Ring



Pimple Popper – Grossest Ring Ever?