Wednesday 8 February 2012

David Griffen and My tutorial

Following my Tutorial Yesterday with Dem, I have decided to do something slightly different.

The original idea was to do an installation of a dining table with fake body parts on the plates. But i really wanted to use real organs but this would cause a stench wafting through the studios. So Dem then suggested to take high quality photographs and display on the wall.

I have decided to use mount board to give the images depth from the wall.

We also talked about my context with my book. I am slightly reluctant to use a plinth as you don't find books on plinths. therefore i have decided to either use nails and hang the book stand on the wall with a few props like an apron and utensils. or use a small table whichever one i choose will be chosen tomorrow when i have been allocated my space, therefore i can use my space to its full potential!

Going back to my photographs i decided to go to the butchers and get some organs. I brought 2 hearts, 2 kidneys and a bit of intestine.

I also looked at food photography and how photography is displayed in exhibitions.
i looked at David Griffen and his amazing work - making food look like art.





Here are my photographs. in the making..........