Saturday 27 October 2012

Progress

So this week i have been working with the model and design of my chair. By next week i will have achieved making the chair and also creating some sort of storyboard so i have something to go on for my video.
 
After the CHC session on thursday afternoon I have decided to continue my research into Bauhaus and why they used the materials they did - they needed to make mass to attend to the demand and as cardboard is widely available this is also appropriate.
 
The images below are images of my models and experiments
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I found some of the techniques hard and figured out quite a lot of design errors and had to improve the slats and the slots. Also it has affected the design idea and design of the chair its self. I dont want to loose that sense of Bauhaus or modernism.