Monday 22 October 2012

Planning and making

I am going with my idea of making something from human habitat out of an unsuitable material just like how arguably the bear ravine is made unsuitable for the bears.

Ive started looking at furniture and found that we use chairs and sofas quite a lot in our homes. So i decided to do some research to be influenced by and to provoke some ideas. There were so many different styles and techniques. I then researched Bauhaus furniture which links in with our CHC sessions. The Bauhaus style is very similar to the the modernism of the tectonic architecture of Lebetkin.









Here are some Bauhaus Furniture that is also inspiring me


I dont understand why the photo has flipped on its side but this is the 'pink print' of my design for my chair inspired by Bauhaus!