Monday 28 November 2011

Image - my Outcome

I have two outcomes for this project title. I really wanted to do a newspaper and a magazine.

With the newspaper i created a camera, pen and notepad from a single magazine. (see previous blog posts for images)

I then turned my attention to the magazine version. I decided to make a shoe from a single magazine. Once i had made the heeled shoe i wanted to take it much further, i decided to put the shoe back into the magazine - in terms of a shoe advert. The shoe is made from the magazine - reanimating it and therefore reusing it in a different way. so i decided to make the advert proposing reusing shoes and recycling them.

I took a picture of my shoe and then printed them and created a collage style effect. along with 'ransome' note style text and parcel paper.

The outcome is functional - it has a purpose to encourage people to recycle their shoes. Problems i encountered in the making of the shoe was making sure it was to size and to a relevant scale. the shoe is based on a size 6 and i used another real shoe as guidance. I was influenced by paper art and using recycled materials.

I think that the shoe could have been made more precisely and i feel that i should have gathered all the relevant colours together instead of making it up of all different colours.
I also think that the sole of the shoe could have been cut better as it does look rough.







After another group crit i scrapped the magazine advert idea and made a handbag and displayed them toegther instead of the magazine. the shoe and handbag look much better now together as a collection rarther than the advert idea because it didnt really demonstrate the title well enough and it was unclear to view.