Monday 28 November 2011

Display - my Outcome

The purpose of my outcome is a scuptural peice that is made from a book of Maps - As the title requires for something to be made that opens out, spreads out or unfolds. I started experimenting with paper engineering and pop up.

problems and challenges that i encountered were the flag poles, the flags would not hold up if they were made from paper so i had to improvise and use carved down cocktail sticks for support. I think i could have made the ship bigger however this probably would have took the novelty of the gentile-ness of it. and it would be too much like my Image project. I think that the outcome is appropriate to the brief becuase the maps demonstrate the openess of the project and the pop up diplays the unfold part.

My ship is for show and it doesnt actually pop up. however if i had more time and if i did more research i would actually cut it so it does.

I think when i am displaying it i will use a plynth and make it focus point.