Wednesday 16 January 2013

CHC Evaluation

I really thought that as i am not really good a writing, or at least my writing skills have deteriorated since starting my collage course, i felt that my extended artists statement wouldn't be as good as it actually turned out. I wanted to make 'another volume' to add to my 5104 outcome but so they would sit side by side or on their own. 
I have done it as a dictionary format with columns etc. i have included some Latin language, symbols, abbreviations and phonetics to add to the definition. I have used a small font and times new roman, similar to those that have used in the Compact Edition of the Oxford English Dictionary. (CEOED)

I have come across many new words and some i already new but found alternative or original meaning from so this is why i thought that my extended artist statement would work better in that tone and structure. 

I only had a couple minor issues during the process, the first was the layout of the page - my cardboard sheets are the size of the dictionary, but the text was printed on A4 and they were to small, so did i 
A) Print on A3 and cut down so they sat flush and the finished product was the thickness and size of the CEOED or...
B) were i left the text on A4 and sized the cardboard down. 

I decided to go for plan A, which meant that i had to print on A3 so that it looked like a decent page and didn't have cut-off points or parts where the edges didn't meat!