Monday 5 March 2012

After the informal group crit

So after the informal group crit, as i was talking to the group about my ideas i found that ideas were flowing into my head!

As previously posted - i want to concentrate on creating a simulating experience on bringing back the dead. but i dont want to go along the machine and contraption method.

I want to go with more a personal experience
A few years after my Granma died, I was in my room and I turned around and I spelt her smell.
Everyone and every family or house has their own individual smell. And I want to create a piece of art that imitates the captured smells of the people I miss because I’m still waiting for the day that I smell Granma’s smell again. If only I could bottle it.
 
I thought about who’s smells I would want to capture. Ideas were:
Everyone who has died in my family… the trouble with this is I don’t know everyones smell of family that died before I was born
Everyone who has died in my lifetime.
I would also label the bottles/ containers.
I have been researching things that keep things in that could look visually exciting.
I thought about jam jars
Bottles
‘vintage’ bottles
Cork bottles
Medicine bottles
Swing top bottles